Top Tips For Traveling
If you are into a digital nomad lifestyle or simply into travel long term, heres a list of must-have digital nomad gear and travel equipment.
* Camera / Video Camera: For your videos and pictures, you dont need expensive equipment, you cant travel far if you dont have a good video camera and camera. If youre travelling with a friend or with a partner, buy a high quality video camera with a large capacity memory card, better still get a camera and camera combo. A cheap camera and video camera cant get you far in many situations, you cant go anywhere with a camera that can only record in standard definition. Buy a medium or high capacity memory card for your camera. You dont need a fancy digital camera for video and a camera to take pictures, you cant travel far in a country with a basic camera and a few pictures taken with a cheap camera. You cant travel far with a low budgeted camera and a basic camera.
* Tripod / Camera: You dont need a huge one, a small one will do, a few ones will be enough. You dont need a giant tripod for your travels, but you will need one to prevent the camera from falling or tipping over. The best ones are extremely stable and support the camera to prevent it from tipping over during your trek.
* Sunglasses / Glasses: You will be outdoors a lot, hence the need for safety glasses. Sunglasses will not only protect your eyes from sunlight, but it will also protect your eyes from getting stained from the rain.
* Travel Shoes / Sandals: You will be walking a lot and thus will require shoes that are lightweight, durable and sturdy. Footwear will help protect your feet from getting frostbite and also help prevent getting blisters from insects.
* Backpack: You will be traveling a lot and hence need a backpack. You will use the backpack for your camera and video camera and for your other travel accessories like passport, travel guide and other documents.
* Passport / Travel Guide: Passport / Travel Guide is a must have item for every digital nomad. You will use it to enter various countries and you will need it to enter different buildings and offices.
* Other: Your itinerary may include special stops and thus you will need a few other items like travel snacks, snacks, medications, batteries, charger and other items to ensure you will be well rested.
The following items are essential for your trip (in no particular order):
1. Passport / Travel Guide: The passport / travel guide is very important because you will enter different countries and will need to show the passports and travel guides to various authorities. The passport / travel guide will help you to enter different countries.
2. Phone: The phone is very important for your digital nomad journey because you will need it for work and for play.
3. Charger / Batteries: The chargers / batteries will help you to charge your mobile phones and cameras and will also help you to charge your gadgets once they are plugged in.
4. Flash / Cameras: The flash / cameras help you to take photos in your digital nomad journey.
5. Shoes / Maps / Guidebooks: The shoes / maps / guidebooks help you to find places and places to eat and the shoes / maps / guidebooks will help you to find places and places to sleep.
If you are a beginner, your itinerary may include a few countries with few things and hence you will need several of the items listed above in addition to the items mentioned above in your itinerary. For example if your itinerary includes Turkey, you will require several of the items listed above plus the flash / cameras and shoes / maps / guidebooks.
After you have acquired all the items listed above, it is important to know how to care for your items.
To clean your items:
You need to wash your passport / travel guide using detergent as it is the most sensitive part of your item. Do not use soap or detergent or harsh liquids as the most delicate part of your passport / travel guide will get damaged.
You need to wash your mobile phones and video cameras in mild detergent. Do not use soapy water or mild detergent or liquids for washing your mobile phones and video cameras.
You need to dry your items using a shade which is appropriate for your items. Do not put your items in the sun or leave them under a ceiling fan.
You need to carefully remove your items from your item bag and carefully put them in your item bag. It is very important that you put your items in your item bag in a particular order. Put your items in your item bag in the following order (most important first): your passport / travel guide, shoes / maps / guidebooks, mobile phones, video cameras, chargers, and your empty item bag.
You can always carry one additional item bag for your spare items as your travel itinerary may include many countries and items.
To care for your items:
If you will be using your items in a day trip or overnight, take special care of your items. Do not leave your items outside for several hours and then come back and leave again for several hours.
Do not put your items in a bag with things that are cold or items that are dirty. Carefully wash your items with mild detergent, rinse them well and then dry them using a shade which is appropriate for your items.
Always put your items in their original packaging. Do not pack them in new clothes or your items may become stained.
The main tip is to not let your items become damaged and do not allow any other things get damaged. Care for your items and you will definitely have a wonderful trip!